About the Webinar
Webinar on Clinical and Diagnostic Neurology invites research contributions from the Clinical developments of Neurological Disorders and Neurological Diagnostics, covering the clinical developments and Diagnostics associated with entire genre of neurological disorders.
The Webinar will cover a dedicated session covering the Neurologic Manifestations of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (Covid-19) discussing
- Spectrum of neurologic disease in COVID-19
- CNS and PNS associations in COVID-19
- Extra-pulmonary symptoms in prominent respiratory viruses, causing neurological complications
- Expected increase in neurological prevalent population with the increase in spread of Covid-19
- Neurotropism, the ability of the virus to invade the brain
- Neuroinvasion and acute respiratory failure in Covid-19, the brainstem dysfunction
- Immunoactive treatments in Neuroimmunological disorders
Market space of Neurology can be broadly divided into Drugs and Pharmaceutical and Medical Device markets. The Pharmaceutical market segment covers neurological disorders such as Alzimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, and cerebrovascular diseases. The medical device segment majorly covers neurostimulation and spinal cord stimulation (SCS) devices, and other diagnostic instrument such as MRI and fMRI. One of the significant subset/sub-segment of Medical Device Neurology market is the Interventional Neurology which covers minimal invasive non-surgical device based Neurological diagnosis and treatment.
With high unmet needs and increasing geriatric population, Alzheimer's disease is one of the most commercially viable neuropharma segment. Technology favouring the medical device development like emergence of wearables and robotics, and supportive reimbursement perspectives and patient preference for Interventional Neurology are the market drivers.